Frequently asked questions
How does FiberCatcher™ work?
Located in the detergent draw of the washing machine, the FiberCatcher™ filter captures up to 90% of synthetic microfibres*. During synthetic wash cycles, as water passes through the filter and out of the washing machine, the FiberCatcher™ filter effectively filters harmful synthetic microfibres, protecting our natural water sources.
Does FiberCatcher™ work on cotton programmes?
FiberCatcher™ technology is only activated on synthetic wash programmes, including Synthetics, Shirts, Sports along with selected programmes available to download from the HomeWhiz app. This ensures that only synthetic microfibres – that are currently the biggest concern for the environment – are filtered out and prevented from entering our precious waterways and oceans.
What happens when the filter is full?
The filter is designed to last up to 6 months**. Once the filter is full, the FiberCatcher™ LED on the control panel will flash when one of the 3 programmes is selected. When this happens, it is time for a new filter*** - find out more below.
How do I return my used FiberCatcher™ filter?
If you purchased a washing machine with an integrated FiberCatcher™ filter, you have already taken the first step to protect our water sources. Here is more information on how to return your used filter and order a replacement.
The filter isn’t suitable for household recycling, so please return it to us free of charge, to be recycled, in four easy steps:
- Use the same box that your new filter was delivered in, which will include a returns label. If the label has been misplaced, if you are returning your first filter or if you are a ROI resident please email [email protected] to request a new returns label.
- Ensure the filter has had time to dry before sending it, otherwise the box may become wet and damaged.
- Attach the returns label to the outside of the box, covering any existing postage label.
- Post the filter in a post box or at your nearest post office.
If you purchase a FiberCatcher™ Washing Machine, register your appliance then complete our survey, you will receive 2x replacement FiberCatcher™ filters free of charge‡
For UK customers, follow the link below to order a new FiberCatcher™ filter. For ROI customers, please email [email protected] to order a new filter.
Order a FiberCatcher™ Filter
- *World's 1st integrated synthetic microfibre filter
- **Exact duration is dependent on usage.
- ***Your washing machine will continue to work when the filter is full, but synthetic microfibres will no longer be captured.
- ‡T’s & C’s apply